This is a collection of stories and articles created by writer / artist Holly Dare. All materials, including photographs, on this blog are copyright protected and are the sole property of the writer or original publisher. Do not steal intellectual material!

Friday, August 1, 2003

Dear Aunt Sister - August 03

When I wrote for the now defunct Foothill Sentinel, I was the ghost writer for the Dear Aunt Sister advice column. When writing the column, I channel my beloved aunt, born in 1913, known affectionately to her five brothers and all their offspring as "Sister." She handled everything with charm, fantastic wit and always a twinkle in her eye.

Dear Aunt Sister,

I read that article about misleading price signs at stores. That very same thing has happened to me. I complained to the sales clerk. She just shrugged and walked away. She didn’t even take the sign with the wrong price down. I was so disgusted, I left. It’s so frustrating, I wish I never had to go shopping there again. Unfortunately, this happens at many stores I shop at.
Aunt Sister, what should I do when this happens again? Why don’t these stores care about the image they present to the public?

Perplexed Shopper


Dear Shopper,

I too have thought I picked up a bargain only to be disappointed on checkout. However, when I feel the clerk doesn’t understand or will remedy the situation, I always ask for the manager. Once, I got an assistant manager who was actually very rude. I made a point to go back to that store and speak with the actual manager. Unfortunately, not many of us are not willing to spend the time it takes to be heard. But if you want satisfaction, you must be willing to spend the time, even if you have to figure out how to reach their corporate office.
As for why the stores don’t care about their image – maybe that would be a good question for the manager.



Dear Aunt Sister,

I have a neighbor that sunbathes in the nude. He put up a really tall fence around his property but I can still see him through the cracks. I think he should be ashamed at his indecency! What can I do to let him know this is a “nice” neighborhood and that he should swim in trunks?

No Birthday Suit for Me!

Dear Suit,

Nice neighborhood? Why hardly! Not with peeping toms like you around! Keep your eyeballs on your side of the fence before your neighbor has you arrested!

No comments:

Post a Comment