This is a collection of stories and articles created by writer / artist Holly Dare. All materials, including photographs, on this blog are copyright protected and are the sole property of the writer or original publisher. Do not steal intellectual material!

Saturday, February 1, 2003

Dear Aunt Sister - February '03

When I wrote for the now defunct Foothill Sentinel, I was the ghost writer for the Dear Aunt Sister advice column. When writing the column, I channel my beloved aunt, born in 1913, known affectionately to her five brothers and all their offspring as "Sister." She handled everything with charm, fantastic wit and always a twinkle in her eye.

Dear Aunt Sister,

I have wonderful husband who is attentive and loving. My only complaint? I can’t seem to get him to remember Valentine’s Day. Should I let him off the hook for always forgetting this special day?

No Heart-Shaped Candy for Me

Dear Heart,

Maybe he’s just forgetful. Try dropping a few hints as the day approaches.

You have really NO complaint. There are many women out there who would treasure such an attentive and loving man. You should count your blessings. Besides, think of all the calories he’s saving you.

*************************

Dear Aunt Sister,

I have been dating my boyfriend for five years. I want an engagement ring more than anything for Valentine’s Day. How do I get him to pop the question?

Thanks, Anxious Lady In Waiting

P.S. I’m 38 and he’s 40


Dear Lady,

If you’ve been with this man for five years, you should be more than comfortable asking what his intentions are. However, I think you should be asking yourself why you’ve spent five years just “dating” the same man.

Honey, at your age, it’s time to fish or cut bait. Tell him what you want and when you want it. If he doesn’t deliver, move on and don’t look back.


No comments:

Post a Comment